At Today’s Family Dentistry, we have a number of versatile laser devices that can perform a host of hard tissue and soft tissue procedures. Lasers can be used for cavity detection and removal, teeth whitening, gum reshaping, to harden bonding materials used in fillings, cold sore treatments and for periodontal care. Laser dentistry is ideal for Woodbridge, Vaughan, King City and Toronto residents who are apprehensive or experience dentistry related fear or anxiety.
The Benefits of Laser Dentistry
- Pain free treatments
- Laser dentistry requires little or no anaesthesia, causes no vibrations and no drilling noise
- Surgical procedures using a dental laser may not require stitches
- Infections are minimal as the laser sanitizes the area being worked on
- Less healing time
- Treatment with the dental laser is generally shorter than with traditional dentistry
- Natural teeth are preserved for a longer time and healthy tooth structures are protected
- Great for children and anxious patients
- Provides the best preventive care
Fillings: We use dental lasers to eliminate the need for a local anaesthetic and the traditional dental drill. Laser light has the ability to numb the nerve fibres in and around the tooth so that small and medium sized fillings can be done painlessly without injections.
Gummy Smile Correction: Unhappy with the shape of your gums? Dental lasers can be used for the surgical raising of excess gum tissue around the teeth. The laser is the ideal tool to do surgical gum lifts because it offers highly predictable results with minimal after pain and rapid healing unlike scalpel surgery.
Laser Periodontal Therapy: Older treatments for periodontal disease, called scaling and root planing, were often painful and required sutures. Advanced laser periodontal therapy is a simple, less painful solution for patients whose gums have pulled away from the teeth.
Sensitivity: If tooth sensitivity is bothering you, we can use dental lasers to seal the tubules (located on the root of the tooth) that are responsible for hot and cold tooth sensitivity.
Whitening: At low intensities, we can use the laser to speed up the bleaching process associated with teeth whitening.
Benign Tumors: Dental lasers can be used for the removal of benign tumours from the oral cavity, painlessly and suture-free.