TMD is a group of complex problems with many possible causes. Some conditions that can lead to TMD are:
- Clenching or grinding the teeth
- Injury to the jaw, head or neck
- Osteoarthritis or Rheumatoid Arthritis in the joint
- Stress, which can cause tightening of the facial and jaw muscles
- Dislocation of the disc between the jawbone and the socket
- A bite that is out of balance or misaligned
It may result in chronic pain in the jaw, face, head and shoulders. Other common symptoms are headache, ear pain, and popping or clicking of the joint.
Diagnosis & Non-Surgical Reversible TMD Therapy
We recommend a complete dental and medical evaluation to properly evaluate patients with suspected TMJ disorders. Other conditions can cause symptoms similar to TMD, so it is important to see Dr. Radice for a proper TMJ diagnosis. Dental X-rays, tomography (CT) scanning and MRI’s are frequently used to diagnose TMD. TMD is a complex disorder and using non-surgical, reversible TMD treatments we are able to treat the symptoms and causes of your joint disorder. Call us today to schedule a TMJ appointment.